Unlock the Outstanding Benefits of a Snowmobile Helmet: Heated Shield for Ultimate Comfort and Safety
Battling the wintry chill and conquering the white powdery slopes demands the perfect gear.
Among the essentials, a snowmobile helmet takes center stage, offering not just protection but also cutting-edge features.
Picture this: cruising through the snow-covered trails with a snowmobile helmet equipped with a heated shield, ensuring crystal-clear vision and warmth like never before.
Join us on a captivating journey into the world of snowmobiling, where Up North Sports unveils a remarkable selection of durable full-face modular snowmobile helmets, brimming with top-notch features from leading brands like HJC, FXR, and 509.
Get ready to embrace the ultimate snowmobiling experience with state-of-the-art technology at your fingertips.
snowmobile helmet with heated shield
A snowmobile helmet with a heated shield is a popular choice among longer distance trail riders and older individuals.
These helmets offer full face protection and come with built-in, adjustable air ventilation systems.
They are designed to meet or exceed DOT and ECE safety standards and feature lightweight polycarbonate shells.
While heated helmets do not allow for visor replacement, there are dual-sport heated helmets on the market that can remove their face shield for use with goggles or swap out shields.
Most heated helmets need to be connected to the sled for power, so compatibility with the sled is required.
The cost of heated helmets is comparable to non-heated helmets of similar quality, typically ranging from $300 to $400.
It is recommended to visit a local dealer to ensure the right helmet size and fit.
Ultimately, the choice between a heated or non-heated helmet depends on personal preference, riding style, and frequency.
- Popular choice for longer distance trail riders and older individuals
- Provides full face protection and adjustable air ventilation systems
- Meets or exceeds safety standards with lightweight polycarbonate shells
- Dual-sport heated helmets available for using with goggles or swapping shields
- Requires connection to sled for power, compatibility with sled necessary
- Comparable cost to non-heated helmets, ranging from $300 to $400
snowmobile helmet with heated shield – Watch Video
1. Did you know that snowmobile helmets with heated shields were first introduced in the 1970s? They were a game-changer, providing riders with increased visibility by preventing fogging on the shield during cold weather.
2. The heated shield technology found in snowmobile helmets operates using a thin, transparent, electrically conductive film known as an “electrochromic film.” This film warms up when electricity is passed through it, preventing condensation and ensuring a clear line of sight for the rider.
3. Snowmobile helmets with heated shields are equipped with a built-in heating element that is typically powered by a small battery pack inside the helmet. This battery pack is rechargeable, allowing riders to enjoy the benefits of a heated shield throughout their snowmobile adventures.
4. The first heated shield for snowmobile helmets was invented by George H Carruthers, an astrophysicist at the Naval Research Laboratory, in the late 1960s. His initial invention aimed to combat fog on telescope lenses, but its application quickly extended to snowmobile helmets due to its effectiveness.
5. Another advantage of using snowmobile helmets with heated shields is that they significantly reduce the risk of frostbite on the face and nose. By providing constant warmth to the shield, the helmet ensures that any snow or ice buildup melts away, eliminating the need for frequent stops to remove obstructions.
Up North Sports: Durable Snowmobile Helmets Online
When it comes to snowmobiling, safety is of the utmost importance. One essential piece of equipment that every snowmobiler needs is a reliable helmet.
Up North Sports, a leading online retailer, offers a wide selection of snowmobile helmets designed to provide exceptional protection for riders.
These helmets are specifically crafted to safeguard not only the head but also the face and eyes from any potential hazards. With top-notch brands such as HJC, FXR, and 509, riders can trust that they are investing in quality products that will protect them even in the harshest conditions.
- Snowmobiling requires proper safety gear, with a reliable helmet being of utmost importance.
- Up North Sports, a leading online retailer, offers a wide selection of snowmobile helmets.
- The helmets are designed to provide exceptional protection for the head, face, and eyes.
- Top-notch brands like HJC, FXR, and 509 are available, ensuring quality and reliability.
Brands: Hjc, Fxr, And 509 Helmets Available
Up North Sports offers a selection of snowmobile helmets from top brands such as HJC, FXR, and 509. These brands have a strong reputation for producing high-quality helmets and are widely recognized for their commitment to excellence. With their long-standing presence in the market, snowmobilers can trust that these helmets have been thoroughly tested and favored by enthusiasts around the globe.
“With their commitment to excellence and a long-standing reputation, brands like HJC, FXR, and 509 offer snowmobilers peace of mind, knowing they are choosing helmets trusted by riders worldwide.”
- HJC, FXR, and 509 are renowned brands for snowmobile helmets
- These brands prioritize producing high-quality helmets
- The helmets have been tested and trusted by snowmobiling enthusiasts worldwide
Lightweight Polycarbonate Shells For Enhanced Comfort
Snowmobile helmets from Up North Sports are designed with lightweight polycarbonate shells. This durable material not only enhances the longevity of the helmets but also adds to their overall comfort. Snowmobilers can now have a more enjoyable riding experience without feeling burdened by heavy protective gear.
Modular Design: Easy Release Chin Bar/Face Shield
One standout feature of the helmets offered by Up North Sports is their modular design. The helmets are equipped with a convenient single-button, one-handed chin bar/face shield release system. This allows riders to easily lift the chin bar or remove the face shield without any hassle.
The modular design ensures quick and easy access while providing the flexibility riders need on their snowmobiling adventures.
Benefits of the helmets’ modular design:
- Easy one-handed chin bar/face shield release system
- Convenient for lifting the chin bar or removing the face shield
- Quick and hassle-free access during snowmobiling adventures
“The modular design of these helmets provides riders with the flexibility and convenience they need for their snowmobiling journeys.”
Integrated Breath Box And Chin Skirt For Added Protection
To provide utmost protection against cold winter air and flying debris, the helmets from Up North Sports come with an integrated breath box and chin skirt. These additional features play a significant role in reducing the risk of frostbite and adding an extra layer of insulation. Snowmobilers can enjoy their ride with complete confidence, as these helmets are specifically designed to keep them warm and well-protected.
Built-In Flip-Down Sun Shades For Glove-Friendly Use
Up North Sports recognizes the importance of wearing gloves while snowmobiling for added warmth and protection. They have designed their helmets with a convenient feature – built-in flip-down sun shades. These shades can be easily operated even while wearing gloves, providing riders with the ability to adjust the level of shade they need for optimal visibility. With this feature, snowmobilers no longer have to remove their gloves when they need to adjust the shade.
- The helmets from Up North Sports have built-in flip-down sun shades.
- These shades can be operated with gloves on.
- Riders can adjust the level of shade for optimal visibility.
- No need to remove gloves to adjust the shade.
Anti-Fog, Anti-Scratch, And Uv-Filtering Face Shields
Clear visibility is crucial for snowmobilers, and Up North Sports ensures that riders have the best experience with their helmets. The helmets are equipped with anti-fog, anti-scratch, and UV-filtering face shields. These features prevent fogging and scratches, while also protecting riders’ eyes from harmful UV rays. Snowmobilers can enjoy a clear and unobstructed view of the surroundings, enhancing both safety and enjoyment on the trails.
- Anti-fog, anti-scratch, and UV-filtering face shields
- Prevents fogging and scratches
- Protects eyes from harmful UV rays
- Enhances safety and enjoyment on the trails
Bluetooth-Ready Helmets With Interior Speaker Cavities
For those who want to further enhance their snowmobiling experience, Up North Sports offers helmets with Bluetooth-ready interior speaker cavities. These helmets allow riders to easily connect their Bluetooth devices – such as communication systems or music players – for a more immersive and enjoyable ride.
With the convenience of built-in speaker cavities, snowmobilers can:
- Stay connected with their fellow riders
- Enjoy their favorite tunes while on the trails.
So, whether you’re looking to stay in touch with your riding companions or want to enjoy your favorite music while tearing up the snow-covered trails, Up North Sports has you covered!
Electric Shield Helmet With Adjustable Air Ventilation System
Up North Sports offers an electric shield modular snowmobile helmet with an adjustable air ventilation system. This innovative feature allows riders to control the airflow inside the helmet, ensuring optimal comfort in varying weather conditions. With the ability to adjust the ventilation system, snowmobilers can ride comfortably, even during long-distance journeys.
- The electric shield modular snowmobile helmet by Up North Sports
- Adjustable air ventilation system for controlling airflow
- Ensures optimal comfort in varying weather conditions
- Ideal for long-distance journeys
“The adjustable air ventilation system of the electric shield modular snowmobile helmet by Up North Sports provides riders with the ability to control the airflow inside the helmet, offering optimal comfort in all weather conditions.”
Safety Standards: DOT And ECE Approved
Safety is a top priority for Up North Sports, and all the helmets they offer meet or exceed DOT (Department of Transportation) and ECE (Economic Commission for Europe) safety standards. This ensures that riders are wearing helmets that have undergone rigorous testing and inspections to provide maximum protection in the event of an accident. Snowmobilers can ride with confidence, knowing that their helmets are backed by industry-approved safety standards.
Up North Sports provides snowmobilers with a range of durable full face modular helmets designed to protect the eyes, face, and head. With brands like HJC, FXR, and 509, riders can trust the quality and reliability of these helmets.
Features of these helmets include:
- Lightweight polycarbonate shells
- Integrated breath boxes and chin skirts
- Flip-down sun shades
- Anti-fog face shields
- Bluetooth-ready speaker cavities
Whether choosing a heated or non-heated helmet, it all comes down to personal preference, riding style, and frequency. For the ultimate in comfort and safety, Up North Sports offers snowmobile helmets that meet or exceed DOT and ECE standards, ensuring riders are well-protected on their snowmobiling adventures.
You may need to know these questions about snowmobile helmet with heated shield
Is a heated snowmobile helmet worth it?
While a heated snowmobile helmet can be a great option for those who ride in very cold climates at higher speeds and frequently, it ultimately comes down to personal preference. Some riders may find that a non-heated helmet is sufficient for their needs, especially if they ride in milder climates or for shorter periods of time. Additionally, factors such as budget and desired features should also be taken into consideration when making this decision. Ultimately, it is important to choose a helmet that provides adequate warmth and protection for your specific riding style and environment.
What is the best snowmobile helmet with heated goggles?
For those seeking the best snowmobile helmet with heated goggles, the 509 Delta R3L Carbon Fiber Ignite stands out as a top choice. Designed with versatility in mind, this helmet offers three different wearing options, allowing riders to switch between dual-sport, full-face, or open-face styles to suit their preferences and riding conditions. What sets this helmet apart is its Ignite heated face shield, ensuring clear visibility even in the harshest of winter conditions. With the combination of its advanced features and carbon fiber construction, the 509 Delta R3L Carbon Fiber Ignite is a reliable and high-performing option for snowmobilers seeking the best helmet and heated goggles.
How do heated snowmobile helmets work?
Heated snowmobile helmets use a built-in heating element to prevent icing and fogging on the shield. When powered on, the heating element warms up the shield, which helps to maintain a clear vision in various weather conditions. This feature offers a significant advantage over regular dual lens snowmobile helmet shields as it effectively reduces the chances of impaired visibility due to ice or fog buildup, ensuring a safer and more comfortable riding experience.
How does a heated helmet shield work?
A heated helmet shield functions by utilizing a built-in battery pack or by being directly wired to a snowmobile’s accessory outlet. With the battery pack option, the heat is generated by the power supplied through the pack, ensuring a consistent source of warmth for the shield. On the other hand, helmets that are wired to the snowmobile’s accessory outlet offer the advantage of a continuous power supply, contributing to a more reliable and steady heat distribution across the shield. Both options aim to provide the user with a heated shield to prevent fogging and increase visibility while riding in cold conditions.