Heated Snowmobile Helmet: Revolutionary Technology for Winter Adventure
Are you tired of your snowmobiling adventures being disrupted by a foggy face shield on your helmet?
Fear not, because the solution is here!
Introducing the revolutionary heated snowmobile helmet with a face shield that prevents fogging.
This article dives deep into the features of this game-changing helmet, from its certification and adjustable vents to its quick-release strap and washable lining.
Plus, we have some exciting news for you – accessories are included, and there’s free shipping within the US.
Get ready for an immersive snowmobiling experience like never before!
heated snowmobile helmet
A heated snowmobile helmet is designed to prevent fogging and keep the rider’s vision clear.
It features a heated face shield that generates heat to prevent fog from obstructing vision.
These helmets are DOT certified and come with a retractable tinted sun visor, adjustable vents, and a removable washable liner.
Some manufacturers offer electric face shields separately, allowing riders to choose their preferred heated face shield.
The TH129 helmet, for example, includes a clear optically correct heated electric shield and a larger eye port for a wider field of view.
This helmet also comes with additional accessories such as a breath box, power cord, and cloth storage bag.
It is important to avoid modifying the cord or using the helmet in a different application to maintain the warranty on the shield and cord.
- Heated snowmobile helmets prevent fogging and maintain clear vision.
- They have a heated face shield that prevents fog from obstructing vision.
- These helmets are DOT certified and have adjustable vents and a removable washable liner.
- Some manufacturers offer electric face shields separately for customization.
- The TH129 helmet includes a clear heated electric shield and a larger eye port for a wider field of view.
- The helmet comes with additional accessories such as a breath box, power cord, and storage bag.
heated snowmobile helmet – Watch Video
1. Heated snowmobile helmets were first developed in the late 1960s and were initially used by military helicopter pilots in cold climates to protect against frostbite.
2. The first commercially available heated snowmobile helmet was called the “Hott Top Helmet” and was introduced in 1973 by a company called Hot Wear Inc.
3. Heated snowmobile helmets are equipped with a small heating element inside the outer shell, which is powered by a small rechargeable battery pack.
4. The heating element in the helmet is usually made of carbon fibers or heating wires that generate warmth without becoming too hot to touch.
5. Modern heated snowmobile helmets often come with adjustable temperature settings, allowing riders to customize the level of warmth they desire while out on the trails.
How Heated Snowmobile Helmets Prevent Fogging
Snowmobile enthusiasts around the world are no stranger to the frustration of fogged-up face shields, which can greatly impede visibility and take away from the overall snowmobiling experience. Thankfully, advancements in technology have led to the development of heated snowmobile helmets with face shields, effectively addressing this issue.
Heated shields are the key feature of these cutting-edge helmets, actively generating heat to combat fogging. By maintaining a slightly higher temperature inside the helmet compared to the outside air, these shields create a temperature differential that promotes the circulation of warm air. As a result, the formation of fog on the shield is hindered, keeping vision clear and unobstructed.
In summary, heated snowmobile helmets featuring innovative heated face shields offer a reliable solution for preventing fog and ensuring optimal visibility during snowmobiling adventures.
–Heated shields generate heat to prevent fogging
–Temperature differential keeps warm air circulating
-*Clear vision is maintained throughout the snowmobiling experience
“Innovative heated face shields keep winter adventures clear and fog-free.”
Electric Face Shields As an Alternative Option
Manufacturers provide a solution for snowmobilers who want a heated face shield but prefer a different helmet style or brand. Instead of relying on helmets with built-in face shields, individuals can choose from a wide range of electric face shields that can be purchased separately. These shields are designed to be compatible with various helmet models, ensuring that snowmobilers can enjoy the advantages of a heated face shield no matter their helmet preference.
While some snowmobile helmets come with integrated heated face shields, individuals who prefer a different helmet style or brand have options. Manufacturers offer a wide selection of electric face shields that can be purchased separately. These shields are compatible with various helmet models, allowing snowmobilers to enjoy the benefits of a heated face shield regardless of their personal helmet choice.
- Snowmobilers can choose electric face shields that suit their preferred helmet style or brand.
- A wide selection of electric face shields is available for purchase separately.
- These shields are designed to be compatible with various helmet models.
- Snowmobilers can enjoy the benefits of a heated face shield regardless of their helmet preference.
“Manufacturers offer a wide selection of electric face shields that can be purchased separately, allowing snowmobilers to enjoy the benefits of a heated face shield regardless of their helmet preference.”
Dot Certified Helmet With Heated Shield
Safety is of utmost importance when it comes to any outdoor activity, especially snowmobiling. Rest assured, the heated snowmobile helmets come with the coveted DOT certification (FMVSS218), ensuring that they meet the stringent safety standards and requirements necessary to protect riders in the event of an accident.
- Heated snowmobile helmets have DOT certification (FMVSS218)
- This certification guarantees adherence to safety standards
- It ensures rider protection in case of an accident
“Safety is not an option; it is a necessity.”
Features of the Heated Snowmobile Helmet
The heated snowmobile helmet offers a range of comfort and performance enhancing features. It includes:
- Adjustable open/close locking lower intake vent and upper chimney vents: Riders can easily control the airflow based on their preferences and weather conditions.
- Interior airflow channeling and rear exhaust vent: These features maximize air circulation and temperature control.
- Quick-release micro ratcheting strap: Wearing and removing the helmet is effortless.
- Removable and washable liner: This ensures hygiene and adds extra comfort, especially during long rides.
- Quick-change face shield brackets: Face shields can be conveniently installed and removed.
In summary, the heated snowmobile helmet offers adjustable airflow, comfort-enhancing features like a removable liner, and convenient face shield installation and removal.
Optically Correct Heated Shield with Wider Field of View
The TH129 heated snowmobile helmet is equipped with a clear optically correct heated electric shield, providing crystal-clear vision at all times. The wider eye port of the helmet enhances the field of view, allowing riders to fully appreciate the spectacular winter landscapes without any obstructions.
- Clear optically correct heated electric shield
- Wider eye port for enhanced field of view
“The TH129 heated snowmobile helmet allows riders to experience winter landscapes with unobstructed views.”
Washable Liner and Integrated Exhaust System
Comfort and hygiene are essential factors in any snowmobiling adventure. The TH129 helmet addresses both concerns with its washable padded lining, employing moisture-wicking materials that keep riders dry and comfortable. The integrated exhaust system seamlessly channels moisture away from the face, preventing discomfort and fogging caused by excessive perspiration.
- Washable padded lining for easy maintenance and cleaning
- Moisture-wicking materials keep riders dry and comfortable
- Integrated exhaust system prevents discomfort and fogging
- Seamlessly channels moisture away from the face
“The TH129 helmet provides optimal comfort and hygiene for snowmobiling adventures.”
What’s Included in the TH129 Helmet Package
When purchasing the TH129 snowmobile helmet, snowmobile enthusiasts can expect a comprehensive package. Each package includes:
- The TH129 helmet itself
- A breath box for added comfort
- A power cord with an RCA style connection for easy charging
- A heated double pane face shield
- A single pane clear polycarbonate face shield that comes pre-installed
Additionally, a cloth storage bag is provided to protect the helmet during storage and transportation.
Face shield installation and removal instructions are also included to guide users through the process seamlessly.
Important Warranty Information for the Shield and Cord
To maintain the best functionality and safeguard the warranty, it is crucial to avoid modifying the cord or using the helmet in a manner other than its intended purpose. Modifying the cord or using the helmet in alternative applications may void the warranty on the shield and cord. It is recommended to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines and instructions carefully to ensure longevity and optimal performance.
Free Shipping within Continental US for Snowmobile Helmet Orders
As an added bonus, snowmobilers within the Continental US can benefit from free shipping when ordering a snowmobile helmet with a heated face shield. This enables riders from all corners of the country to enjoy the convenience and comfort of a heated snowmobile helmet without incurring additional shipping costs.
The heated snowmobile helmet with a heated face shield revolutionizes the winter adventure for snowmobilers. Its ability to prevent fogging guarantees a clear view even in the most challenging weather conditions. With its impressive features, including the DOT certification, adjustable vents, and quick-release strap, this helmet ensures a secure and comfortable ride. The TH129 model stands out with its wider field of view, washable liner, and integrated exhaust system.
The comprehensive package, including a breath box and a cloth storage bag, makes it a complete solution for any snowmobiling enthusiast.
Don’t miss out on the chance to experience the ultimate winter adventure with the heated snowmobile helmet.
– Free shipping within the Continental US
– Prevents fogging for a clear view
– DOT certification for safety
– Adjustable vents for comfort
– Quick-release strap for convenience
– TH129 model with wider field of view
– Washable liner for easy maintenance
– Integrated exhaust system for enhanced ventilation
– Includes breath box and cloth storage bag
You may need to know these questions about heated snowmobile helmet
Is a heated snowmobile helmet worth it?
A heated snowmobile helmet can be a worthwhile investment, especially for riders who frequent extremely cold climates and ride at higher speeds. The added warmth provided by a heated helmet can enhance comfort and prevent frostbite during prolonged rides. Additionally, if you are an avid rider and frequently hit the trails, a heated helmet can provide consistent warmth and make your overall snowmobiling experience more enjoyable. However, if you ride less frequently or do not often encounter extremely cold temperatures, a non-heated helmet may suffice and meet your needs just fine. Ultimately, the decision boils down to personal preference and individual riding circumstances.
What is the warmest snowmobile helmet?
When it comes to the warmest snowmobile helmet, the 509 Delta R4 Ignite Helmet stands out. This exceptional helmet is specially designed to provide maximum warmth and convenience for snowmobilers. It boasts various features, including climate control venting to regulate temperature and a glove-friendly Fidlock magnetic strap buckle for easy use in extreme weather conditions. Recognizing the varying risks posed by different regions’ weather conditions, this helmet ensures that snowmobilers are well-protected and comfortable in any climate.
How do heated snowmobile helmets work?
Heated snowmobile helmets work by utilizing a built-in heating element within the electric shield. When the heating element is powered on, it emits heat that slightly warms up the shield. This heat is effective in reducing icing and fogging on the shield, which makes them superior to regular dual lens snowmobile helmet shields. By preventing the formation of ice and fog, these heated helmets ensure clearer visibility for the rider, enhancing safety and overall riding experience.
How does a heated helmet shield work?
A heated helmet shield works by utilizing a battery pack or a direct connection to a snowmobile’s accessory outlet to power the heating function. The helmet is designed with a shield that contains heating elements, which are evenly distributed to prevent fogging, ice, and snow build-up. When the power is activated, the heating elements produce warmth, which is then transferred to the shield, keeping it clear for better visibility. This technology ensures a more consistent source of power and enables riders to enjoy their snowmobile adventures without worrying about obstructed vision caused by adverse weather conditions.